WJZ, Baltimore, MD-USA
/ Posted in: BDI News / No Comments
Long Time Coming!
Turn Key Project: 53’ x 54’ Studio
- Design and Development
- Fabrication, Shipping and Installation
- 55” Primeview 5 wide x 3 high (center background)
- 55” Primeview 3 wide x 3 high (presentation wall)
- 55” Primeview 2 wide x 2 high vertical monitors in tower
- 80” Touchscreen in weather center
- 65” Vertical monitor in weather center
- (3) 55” monitors in the on-air green room
- 6mm pixel pitch LED video display in the weather center
- 75” Monitor in the interview area
- 9mm pixel pitch curved LED video display in the anchor desk
- Color changing LED light boxes and accent lighting
CBS wanted to upgrade their major O&O’s and create a consistent look across the country. After upgrading the number two market in the country, KCBS in Los Angeles, BDI would go on to design other CBS O&O’s. BDI continued this new look with a few custom twists in each market to make it their own. The consistent look included either a (4×3) or (5×3) 55” LCD video wall directly behind the talent. A (3×3) 55” video wall was designed to be used as backdrop for the sports and special reports anchors from the desk. This video wall also provides transitional camera shots from the co-anchors to standing talent at the display for impressive presentations. Along with these video canvases a comfortable interview set was designed with custom plex shelving as the backdrop to feature nostalgic elements to showcase the long successful history of CBS Broadcasting.
At WJZ, BDI added a glassed in on-air green room that provides guests a comfortable area to relax before being introduced onto the set. We added a new Weather Center with an 80” touch screen monitor and a 65” vertical monitor for traffic and social media. A video tower between the anchor desk and weather center was added for showcasing additional information. All of this was done with a clean, contemporary look that featured color changing accents throughout the set for flexibility.