WCBS, New York City, NY-USA
/ Posted in: BDI News / No Comments
Turn Key Project: 71’ x 47’ Studio
- Design and development
- Fabrication, shipping and installation supervision.
- 55” Primeview, 5 wide x 3 high (center background)
- 55” Primeview, 3 wide x 3 high (presentation wall)
- 49” Primeview, 2 wide x 3 high Vertical mount tower
- 84” Touchscreen in Weather Center
- 70” Monitor in Interview Area
- 9mm pixel pitch curved video LED display in anchor desk
- 6mm pixel pitch video LED display in weather center
- Color changing LED lightboxes and accent lighting
CBS wanted to upgrade their major O&O’s and create a consistent look across the country. After upgrading the number two market in the country, KCBS in Los Angeles, BDI would go on to design other CBS O&O’s. BDI continued this new look with a few custom twists in each market to make it their own. The consistent look included either a (4×3) or a (5×3) 55” LCD video wall directly behind the talent. A 3×3 55” video wall was positioned to be used as backdrop for the sports and special reports anchors from the desk. The smaller video wall also provides transitional camera shots from the co-anchors to standing talent at the display for impressive presentations. Along with these video canvases a comfortable interview set was designed in some of these locations with custom plex shelving as the backdrop to feature nostalgia elements to showcase the long successful history of CBS Broadcasting.
At WCBS along with these displays we added a curved LED Video display in the face of the anchor desk. In the Weather Center a touch a screen monitor is used and a vertical video tower for showcasing additional information. The Weather Center functions for both traffic and weather. All of this was done with a clean, contemporary look that featured color changing accents throughout the set for flexibility.