KABC-Los Angeles, CA
/ Posted in: BDI News / No Comments
Southern California Lifestyle News Studio
• Design and Development
• Fabrication, shipping and installation
• Primeview 2.5mm full video LED display that creates a 22’ wide seamless image.
• 47” LCD Primeview videowall. 3 screens high x 7 screens wide.
• (2) Seamless plasma 42” monitors.
• (3) Vertical 80” Panasonic monitors.
• 84” Viewsonic touchscreen monitor.
• Color changing LED lightboxes with a custom printed vertical pattern.
• Color changing LED lightboxes and accent lighting.
KABC had a lot of goals and objectives on their plate for this redesign. Upgrading to the latest technology was big on the list but just as important was how they could use it to better illustrate stories to the viewers.
The design was inspired by the Southern California lifestyle. Simple, clean design that combines flexibility in color changes without competing with the amount of digital video in the design. The set features a lot of wide open space, so we designed it with enough height to complement the scale and give them the ability to use this great studio to the fullest.
LA is a huge market that stretches from the beach to near desert regions and mountains, so we developed a custom “sand waves” wallcovering that suggests this element and combined that with hints of wood tones. The custom designed and printed “sand waves” graphic was created and applied as finish to many of the set pieces creating a cool grey toned sand finish with perceived texture. It will receive and accept any color lighting directed at it. The overall color scheme is a neutral modern color pallet of cool greys and sand tones to support the many video display areas and color changing accent walls, with a splash of wood added for further interest and warmth.
Much of the background is RGB lightbox that can emulate “blue sky” or sunrise/sunset sky colors. The floor patterns are inspired by the “abc circle 7” logo and help to unify the sweeping arcs used throughout the set.
The overall effect is a bright and clean California feel.