/ Posted in: BDI News / No Comments
Chicago-Tribune Media Flagship
Turn Key Project: 42 FT. X 72 FT. STUDIO
- Design and Development in collaboration with WGN and Tribune Media.
- Fabrication, Shipping and Installation.
- (2) large videowalls:
- 55” Panasonic, 3 wide x 3 high(center background).
- 55” Panasonic, 3 wide x 3 high (stand-up Big Board).
- LED Video Display “windows”, 6mm pixel pitch.
- LED Video Display “windows” in AM set, 4mm pixel pitch.
- Anchor Desk LED Video signage, 2.5mm pixel pitch.
- 84″ Touchscreen in Sports/multi-franchise.
- 42” monitor on small desk front.
- LED video signage in overhead soffits, 2.5mm pixel pitch.
- LED-RGB accent lighting throughout.
WGN, the Tribune powerhouse in Chicago has been broadcasting since 1948.In May, 2017, they unveiled the latest News set, which features literal references to Chicago’s many recognizable architectural details, including the bridges, trusses, limestone block and brick detailing found throughout the city and neighborhoods.
The new set includes a custom 3 to 7 person anchor desk with a large video wall in the background displaying scenic images as well as graphics. The HD video wall is flanked by two large LED video display “windows” for motion graphics. There is also an HD “Big Board” video wall for Sports, Entertainment and Special Reports.
The set features a cozy AM interview and performance area with an LED video background which can display urban scenes or topical graphics.
The Interview set is flanked by a warm yet contemporary loft-like kitchen with mobile cooktop/demonstration table.
There is an additional small Sports desk at the left side with an 84″ touchscreen, as well as desk-front video branding.
The entire set conveys the WGN mind-set (and slogan): “Chicago’s Very Own”.